Friday, December 3, 2010

Advent

It is almost Christmas. In fact it is Advent. What is Advent? It is a time to prepare our hearts for the coming of the Lord. I think it is a time to come to peace with what you have done this year, who you have become and to welcome the savior in your life next year.

Welcoming has been a big theme in my life this year. How do I welcome people into my life? What prejudices do I have that keep me from welcoming others. Do I make fun of people for not liking or thinking,or believing what I do. I think I am way more welcoming to those who don't believe in Jesus than I am who like the "wrong music", the "wrong worship tradition"or "wrong dress". I want to be open to whom God brings into my life whether they are completely different that what I would expect.

So I want to spend the next month growing in welcoming God into my heart, my time and my soul. I ordered an Advent devotional that I cannot wait for even though it is late, So right now I am singing through an old hymnal, reading Luke and meeting the people who await Jesus. I am also reading some prophesy in Isaiah of the coming King! So may I spend this time giving myself time to enjoy my Lord, time to reflect on who I am in the grace of God, time to welcome new and old into my life.

There is a book called the Advent Conspiracy--the premise is not about giving presents but presence. Lord may I be more present in all those who I come into contact this season and in the new year

Come Lord Jesus Come!

No comments:

Post a Comment