Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Children

Hey,
It is the week after Mother's day. It is hard to not be a mother in my 40's, so I try to focus on being a daughter.

I have always wanted to adopt. I'm not sure it is in my current plans but it is always in my current plans. There is a whole blog world out there about adoption and many fundraising ideas. This post is about one of them.

Some friends of mine the Thompson's are adopting from Africa, Ethiopia to be exact. They have a great passion for Africa. I have participated in the past in a garage sale and a car wash to help with their adoption. Last year when her sister adopted, they were chosen to be a fundraising family for Go Seek Love. The profits from the T-shirts every month go to a family who is adopting. May is the month for the Thompsons.

Please participate.

Grasping grace,
Dawn

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Dawn! I am happy I found out about your blog. I look forward to reading more. Perhaps God still has a little one for you life through adoption? :) Julie

    ReplyDelete