Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Becoming Dawn


I love Jane Austen.

I love her books. I love the characters. I love the movies that are based on books. Mostly I love the idea that a simple woman who never married impacted the world so much that hundreds of years later--she is loved my so many.

In the last few years, I have seen a few movies about her life. I'm not sure I loved the movies. I do love the title of "Becoming Jane". I saw it on my 40th birthday. What happened in her life to make her write books. How did her simple country life impact so many. How does she understand people so well?

Because I have those thoughts, I want to explore that journey in my own life. Who is God molding me to be? Why am I single and in my 40s? What do random events in my life mean for me, for those I know and for the world around me? How will I be remembered? Am I "faithful servant" as Jesus says? Do I deserve his praise?

So come along with me and let's journey together to become the best "Dawn" or whomever you can be?

No comments:

Post a Comment