Friday, February 11, 2011

Leading Lady?


I love the movie The Holiday.
There is some immorality that I don't approve of but I like the idea that you can get away from your comfort zone and make a change in your life.
For Kate Winslet's character, she is escaping her ex-boyfriend who she is still in love with and to whom she is stuck as the best friend. She meets an old Hollywood screen writer and begins a journey of self-discovery. The screenwriter explains to her that in movies there are best friends and leading ladies.
She begins to ask herself is she the leading lady in her own life.

 I think this is a question that I need to ask myself.
Do I star in my own life and not just be the side-kick?
I'm not talking about being selfish,but being the person in my life who takes action.
I find that often my life events are because of other people.
 Other people's feelings for me, other people's wants, and other people sins.
I even have trouble deciding where to go out to eat and often just go with the flow.
So how do I balance not being selfish with starring in my own life?
 How do I take more risks?
 How do I be a responder and not always the giver?
Do I even let myself be captivated by God's love?
I think I need to take a risk and be the leading lady, in my life, in some man's life and even to God.
 I am His and He is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment