Thursday, February 3, 2011

Two old Friends!

OOPS!!! I can't believe I said that. I can't believe they came out of my mouth. I cannot believe I said that to someone I adore. I thought I was only annoyed but out came all my anger. There they were those two old friends--still with me--still inside of me--still waiting to fire dastardly darts at whoever gets in my way.

I have always been a good girl--yet for some reason I have always struggled with cursing. I in fact have always called it my revealing sin--when they start to trip out I realize that I need to submit to God--that I am off track.

Yet why today--I feel that I am growing closer to God. I am really understanding the power of the gospel in my life.

I guess the truth is that my true sin is not that I let the two old friends come to visit--but that I thought I was too much of a good girl, too righteous to say them.

Oh Lord forgive me for my self-righteousness. Thank you that I need a savior, not for my past, but for my present and for my future. Thank you that the gospel is for me-whether I'm being good or cursing like a sailor.

I pray for restoration of my relationship with this person you have blessed me with.

Grasping  His Grace and My Sin,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment