Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Poet??

So I have been tutoring high schoolers. One group of students is interested in poetry. I encouraged them to write some poetry. I also pledged to write my own. So here it is!

Renewal

He calls me, I hear his voice.
“Wake up, wake up my sleeping one, for your presence I long.
Escape the darkness, the light is coming.
I desire the sound of your melody; bring me your new song.”

I rise and escape into the night,
Walking into the darkness, I carry only a single light.
The call of the ocean roar draws me to Him.
“Come lay down your burdens, give up the fight.”

Upon reaching the shore, I see the light.
It pushes through the clouds breaks through the night.
The night ends, a new day is dawning,
The crashing waves push forward, pulling the sun burning bright.

The beauty calls forth my song. My voice I raise.
The sun’s parade of colors washes over me.
I exchange my melodious tone for the peace.
Renewed, restored, a new day, a new life I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment